Sunday, August 8, 2010

Salama-August 2, 2010

I made fried chicken for members!!! In honor of Daniel...but it wasn't as good (Evan's brother-in-law makes delicious fried chicken)... (That stove is AMAZING!!!!!! This family is amazingly rich here) This is a deaf guy in my area....I taught him the plan of salvation with my little pictures I have. He's awesome. He is already a member though! Cool! The little kid Aldo I baptized...I helped re-inactivate this family last change with Elder Vasquez and then he turned eight and asked me to baptize him. Awesome. His dad is in Virginia working to provide for his family(everyone in the photo except the two people on the very right.) I LOVE this family. The mom served a mission, the 9 year old almost 10 year old is the oldest son just thinks me and my comp are sooooo cool. Aldo, the one I baptized is SOOOO shy. Poor little guy. But I broke his shell finally :) And the little girl! OH my gosh! She is soooo cute. She's always talking and staring at me and my comp haha. so cute. My comp, Elder Anhder and the fam. This little kid is no Clarke (One of Evan's nephews)...but his body type reminds me exactly of him..He walked JUST like Clarke did with his arms down!!! It literally made my eyes water. I miss that little guy. I love this little guy here too :) His name is Henry! Those are the worms that fall into our water bucket... We use it to wash the dishes.... So lucky :) Elder Tanner and I drove President's car!!!!!!!!!! Me (on the left, being silly :)at Zone Conference. Mom!!! Woooo!!! The week of camp for you! How awesome!!! I hope youre rocking it! I'm super praying for you and Dad all the way throughout it. I wanted to tell you a little about the people we found, our baptism, and the story behind that, as well as all the menos activos I'm helping come back! First... I wanna tell you about our new investigators... Fam Cang first... They are a husband and wife MARRIED!!! That's so key here! And rare! They have a little 2 year old girl that's craaaazy but is quiet during the lessons! So cute! And a brand new son. About 2 months old. This family is religious...it shows that they are searching for the truth in their lives! Awesome... we have taught them twice and the third time will be tonight! Awesome! The first lesson we talk about families and Jesus Christ then we move on to the first vision, prophets Christ life so on so on....but for some reason I felt like I was running into a wall and I couldn't think of ANYTHING to say...It was killing me because they were both just sitting patiently listening to me.... I then said do you have any questions and they said no...So I asked the same question 2 more times...and nothing...so I basically was stuck...with no where to go. So I said we would come back in 2 days to teach them more...and I gave them a pamphlet about "The Gospel of Jesus Christ" and on the back is a tiny photo of the Book of Mormon... and as we were getting to leave after the closing prayer, I kept feeling to ask if they had a question...so I asked one more time as we were standing at the door...He then began to go on about what is the Book of Mormon...how do we have it...and what is it about!!! SO awesome!! so I let him know a tiny bit to get him to want to know more then said we would teach the rest in two days....2 days later they gladly accepted us back in the home...he began to say all his doubts..which i love :) Ihat means I get to resolve them through the spirit and their faith. so he listened then gave alllll his questions and we are going tonight to teach him about why we know there was an apostasy after the life of Christ! Cool! I'm very excited. We will see how they progress :) Now the family Pu (poo)....haha still gets me every time. (I'm still immature) We contacted them a week ago...and have passed by a zillion times but they are never home...and one day while walking to a cita (appointment) we saw the lady and she invited us over...we went, and her whole family was there! She is married as well!! Wow!!! And has 4 children-9,7,5,2 :) The husband was awesome and the whole time we just helped them build a chicken coop! We taught them about Jesus Christ and why we are here...Then we taught a little about families and who God is the next day! We also are going to their house this night!! I cant wait! It'll be a good night! Now...about the less actives... I don't know what it is... but i have had so much luck with all these kind of people my whole mission. I have been passing by allll the menos activos I can find through references, contacting and the area book. There are over 500!!! Can you believe that?!! 500!! Here in Salama! We are looking for a lot of them....It turns out all they need is a little spark of light and push to get back going and someone to make them feel welcome! It's so awesome! This last Sunday we had 13 go! What a blessing that was to see! So remember how we found Kimberly and baptized her through a menos activo family? Well while we reactivated them...it helped reactivate the Pacay Family! A mom, her son of 9 years,(the one i baptized), and a 5 year old girl. Turns out the kid turned eight and randomly asked me top do it! So cool. I felt so happy that little guy wanted me to do it. A little sad the dad couldn't because he isn't there. The scenario with them is he is an RM from serving in Honduras, but is working in The States in Virginia to provide for his family here...They are one of the wealthiest families I know...I wish the Dad would come back though. So that's how my baptism went down... I had to prepare everything.. Invite everyone and do everything at the baptism...No one came except like 20 kids 15 and under... :) They all came cuz they like me! And I convinced them... Only two other adults came... One priesthood holder luckily too be a witness with my comp....But over all it was awesome. It really went smoothly which was good for Aldo's mom... Hermana Candida... she is awesome. She served a mission in Chile... It was really sad to see because you could tell she was hurting without her husband being there for something so big... but that family is awesome... so thats how it went down! The mission is awesome and the work kicks my but everyday! The language still is slowly coming. I wish I was fluent haha but I'm not. I love it here. Thank you for your support! I love you mom...You're the best. Thank you for always emailing me no matter how much. Just to show me your care. I'm proud of you! Hope you got the photos!! I love you, my mother!! You guys are the best!!! Elder Fast P.S. How was camp? boring? or crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment