Monday, September 27, 2010

Columbia-Sept 27, 2010

Holy cow have I been dying to write you all this week!!! It's been seriously crazy. As you kinda know a little of it! But it's also been one of the most fortifying weeks I've had my whole mission. I have learned so much of our relationships with our Savior. K, I have a list here of stories I wanna tell you about. Well....it is a 3 hour bus ride to the Capital from Salama... and we had been going about an hour and I got a strong feeling we were going to get in an accident...so I started thinking how I was going to brace myself if we did... 6 minutes later we did haha. and I braced myself perfectly like I imagined and all I did was hit my shin. I was perfect. So the accident was fun. We just hit the back of a diesel. No one got too hurt. Just some bloody noses and stuff. We got on a new bus like 3 minutes after anyways. Made me happy :) So I came to the area Columbia with Elder Vasquez (a different one) (Evan's 3rd Companion was also a Elder Vasquez)and Elder Hatch (he has a change less then me) and Elder Vasquez was like dying of a leg infection so I just stayed home and ran a bunch of errands with for him. While Hatch went on divisions. The house I'm in has 6 Elders and me. Elder Vasquez and Hatch...both studs. So Saturday was going to be another day just doing nothing with Vasquez, but he was like dying of throwing up and stuff...soooo we went to the emergency room at about noon on Saturday...long story short he got his appendix removed! Crazy.... Side story...while he was getting it removed, I was all ALONE!!!! I hated it. I just had to sit in the hospital room all alone with 2 TVs....and my scriptures. You can only guess what I chose. I read in Alma. The story of Ammon from chapter 17 to 33. I felt proud :) Then Hermana Torres walked in!!! She said her and President were waiting for me outside! I about pooped my pants! So I went out there and they had brought me McDonalds!!!!! A Large meal with a yogurt and Apple pie!!! Oh my gosh, they rock! So I just sat there talked with them and ate what they brought me for an hour!!! I felt so blessed. Seriously...no missionaries get that opportunity. I'm so excited. I found out if I have a change tonight. But not where. That's Wednesday! Today we all played pool. I saw some Elders from the very start of my mission! It was kinda like when Ammon saw Alma! Haha It felt good. So this week has been pretty crazy. But I feel the Hand of the Lord in everyday living. I have truly learned for myself the power of prayer and the desire to truly commit to this work all over again. Anyways fam! That's about how my week went! I think I taught 3 lessons. haha Oh! when I left Salama, 4 families cried. It felt so good. Like they cared as much as I did. I was so blessed to have serve there for as long as I did. Anyways, I hope all is well back home for all of you. I'm praying for you daily. And thank you SO much for your prayers. I love you all, Elder Fast

No comments:

Post a Comment