Monday, September 6, 2010

Salama Sept. 6, 2010/Evan's Birthday Pictures

This is Me and Elder Anhder...Salama and us. This is because you and his mom wanted ones of us just smilin...so we got one with V8 juice... that stuff was good. Eight different flavours! My Birthday breakfast...I was still tired and I think you can see it in the photo. Haha Elder Mortensen and Elder Tanner and the cake in my house. That was my chicken! We ate that. This meal is the second most common here behind beans and eggs. The pizza from the family!!! They rock! Awesome family! That's 18 plus two on the cake. haha The whole bunny ears thing is still funny here. Dunno why. It's tradition here to do this...then they shove your face in the cake... yep. I didnt get it too bad. And to top it off...this is how I woke up Sunday morning :) Hi fam! This week was good! Real good! First of all cuz it was my bday. I've never liked or been good at receiving presents....but I think I did a good job this week. Hopefully. For my bday my comp took my out to breakfast. We got steak and eggs with beans and bread... nummers (as mother would say) Then we went to our district meeting...Elder Mortenson and Elder Tanner bought me a huge cake. Strawberry. yumm. Then our district went to our house and sang to me. Super nice of them. Then I went out to a member's house Family Pacay and they made me a huge lunch of chicken! (I dont know if you remember. But I bought 2 baby chickens for a family here in this area about 3 months ago, and it grew. Thats what they fed me for lunch! haha) It was really good. Then, guess what I made? Yep...I made rice crispy treats for the whole fam, and they were good. Just not like Dad's. Then we went out and taught a couple of really good lessons to some families.. Family Garcia and Family Chop. We are working on both of them to get baptized. Family Chop is progressing faster though. At 6 we went to a member's house who bought a pizza for me. So we ate pizza with them! super nice of them!!! I love that fam. They have a little boy who reminds me of little Clarke. (for example he's got the tiny body and his head is too big for him...something I've always been jealous of :) Yesterday at church he came and just sat by me :) So cute..) We met our investagator Miguel and walked to Hermana Candida's house and she bought a huge Chocolate cake for me! Suuuuuuper nice again! We all ate that together!! It was so good. Then I came home. It was crazy how many people helped make the day special for me. I was super lucky. The people here are so amazing and loving. I really hope I get to visit these people again one day. So, in our area right now all our feches fell because no one went to church yesterday. Sad...but it's okay. We need to pick them back up this coming week. So we will see how that goes. We also need to look for more families to find. Just people who want to hear this message. Last night I was able to watch the movie The Testaments. And that shot a new desire in me again to go out and pound it here. I really do love it here. Wish I could show you all. Hey random thought: This past week I was thinking about Geneology....what's the story about how Opa and Oma met? I wanna hear that story. Just kinda interested me. Same as when Grandma and Papa met. Can you shoot those at me mother? Another Question I have: When you are on a mission, when do you start thinking or planning on what you're going to do when you get home? Because thus far I have zero clue. And that's kinda scary. So, mail scenerio. Just so you know how it works here. We get what is called pouch. Which has our letters in it, but no packages about once every change here in Salama. So I usually dont get your letters til about a month later. But please don't stop sending them! Then packages. We get once every zone conference. Which used to be every change...but new rules we only have Zone conference once every 2 changes now. But, I guess they are figuring something out to get them to us sooner.....I'm a little impatient about that one. But it's okay... eventually I will get them. So that's about all I could think of to be honest for this week. Today for Pday we are going to go to the church and have a bar b q...trust me I've done it before...It tastes nothing like the states. But it'll be a good, relaxing, deathly hot day. I really don't have any funny stories from this week haha. Just the same ol. At least to me haha. One thing you guys gotta try is, I made mac and cheese with bacon....yumm! You gotta try it. I liked it. (wanna know something weird.... I literally can't think of what normal mac and cheese used to look like....They only use long noodles or spiral noodles here. But im being serious. I cant remember. Also!!! Something thats been bugging the heck out of me! Mother... remember when I sent you that package and that guy talked to you forever or something? He thought I was here on what? What was the name of it? Like social service mission or something? ahhhh! I just want the name. haha. Please shoot that at me. Love you all tons...you guys are awesome examples to me! Elder Fast

No comments:

Post a Comment