
Familia Caal in my area. They're awesome. Just have a lot of struggles. LOOOOVE them!!!

I've been wanting to send a picture of these moths but I always forget. I see about two a week here. They're huge. Like thick, too. Kinda ugly.

This is a little walkway in my area. I just thought it was cool!

Some kids in my ward. The girl hugging me Marraly... is Paisli and Hudsen to me. (Two of Evan's nieces) Soooo cute. She's always hugging me. It's embarrassing though, cuz it's not allowed. SO fun though.

Three of the dopest kids in my area. The one next to Elder Anhder, then me-are Orphans. And sooooo awesome. Seriously. The middle one Skylor, is kind of a punk. But that's why he's so cool. haha

I am pointing to where I am on the Guatemalan map. I look so Guat. I've got my hat, my camisolla(jersey) and my dirty shorts, with janky shoes. Boom.

This is the servis we did. They all wore shirts that said "Manos que ayudan"-Helping hands. We walked up and down a few streets picking up trash. Literally we got about 4 times more then just this. It was ridiculous. and to make it better, about 4 hours later while tracting it was already just as dirty. Awesome.
Como estan!?!?!?
Estoy bien animado para escribirles esta semana. whoo!!! mi ultimo semana.. .oy... bien dificil pero termino.. ahora puedo respirar y comenzar otra vez! ( for the Spanish speakers in the Fam)
I'm way excited to write you guys this week. Whoo!!! My last week...ah.. was way hard but it ended. Now I can breathe and start over again! jeje
Bueno! okay... so this week was only 3 days of work after my week in Coban. Because I had P-day Thursday then worked the last three. But it kicked my butt. More emotionally then anything else to be honest.
I had some of the most let down things happen this week. And it was rough but, also I know its going to really help me for the future in my mission! So that's good.
Well, to start it out we have a family that we are trying to reactivate in this area. But they live really far. Long story short the mom has really been stepping up her game and going to church and doing all she can. Sooo pilas. I've got some members visiting them regularly as well. Awesome. Actually...one of them is Miguel.. He is next to me in the picture of me sitting with 3 patojos.. (street kids or punks)
Anyways the mom and daughter went to church yesterday, but the dad said he was going to take the two little boys age 9 and 7 to go get some stuff then they'd meet at the church. But instead thought it'd be best to go out drinking while his two young kids just sat there and watched. Awesome. We went and visited them at about 4 yesterday and the 13 year old daughter is just crying cuz she knows what her dad did. I really didn't even know what to do to be honest. so we gave her and her mom a blessing, sang some hymns. Made them giggle a little. And then left.
It really put me on a new plane of what some of these kids have to go through and what they see while growning up. It really gives me more and a new respect to how they are and how they can be so happy all the time. What a blessing we've all had in the ways we grew up, I think.
Next thing... well on Saturday night we were able to go to the fairia!!! We have a crazy intense huge fair in our area. Its awesome. Well, a family invited us over (that I've been helping prepare to enter the temple since I've been in Salama) for a noche de Hogar... a family night.
And we went and they surprised us by taking us to the fair. Fun. They are so nice to us. We just watched their kids go on rides and played a little foosball. They offered to buy us literally everything in sight. They wouldn't take no for an answer-haha. But we left after about 40 minutes. We felt akward being there in our missionary clothes. And didn't think it was allowed. Turns out the "white handbook" encourages missionaries to go to things like that. So our district might go for about an hour after emailing. Who knows though.
Anyways, while we were there, there was a beer stand place and I saw the dad of the family I was just telling you about looking at it. I had something cross my mind to tell him how bad it was. But I dunno what happened. I just didn't. Like an idiot.
Long story short...last night we past by their house and he was drunk. Woooow. I couldn't tell you the shock that got sent through me after that either. I was so sad. And the worst part about it, is he was just joking with us, then he stopped...grabbed his Cowboy hat with both hands, and then got really serious. Dropped his hands and looked me square and said "Hoy es Domingo..."-"Today is Sunday"
And I just said, "Yeah". He then looked down... took a breath looked back at me and said "Perdoname Elder. Forgive me Elder." Then walked inside his house. His wife told us to come back another night.
But, while I was walking away I couldn't help but feel so hurt. How sad that Satan would do that to this family. And sad that the dad would succumb to the temptation. They only had to wait 7 more months to go to the temple. And, now I dunno. They have to talk to President.
But, what I learned is why I told this story-I started to almost cry while walking to my other cita. Then I started to get almost mad at him. Then his words "Perdonama" popped back in my head.
I realized how often we will make mistakes in this life. Even huge ones. And some people won't even care for what they did. But the people who do, are the ones Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father will forgive.
I realized this is just another step he has to go through. And when he does get to go through the Temple, how much more Joyful it will be.
My point is, I really got a feeling of how forgiving Heavenly Father really is. I know without hesitation after we sin he is sitting there waiting to forgive us. Feeling the same if not more remorse than we feel.
What a blessing it is that Jesus Christ suffered for us.
Anyways, it kinda put a damper on my week, but now has given me knew desire to go tell everyone about the expiacion-Atonement.
So that's what happened in those few days, or really just yesterday.
But I've been so blessed. I dont know why. I'm just some gringo!
Anyways Fam! I have changes in a week so we will find out what happens there! Who even knows :)
But that's all I got! haha Sorry if it was depressing I tried to make it uplifting! I super love all of you! All your letters rock!
Oh! and I have a new nephew!!! Whoo!!! Tell him welcome to the September Bdays :) I've been waiting for one like that.
Speaking of him, his birthday is close to Kallee's :)
Happy Bday Kal!!!!!! whoo!!!!
Take care fam! I love you all TAN mucho! haha
Elder Fast
Les Amo!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment