Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Llanos de Santa Maria-Jan 18, 2011

Me and my Buddy Elder Burden I found "Mator" in Guatemala Elder Saenz in his PJS. I laugh every night I see him wearing them. Goofy, I know :) I buy these everywhere and all the time-Now I have sores all around my mouth... HI family!!! Well right now I'm in Guat k?...k. Well first things first. This week I entered into an older couple's home and it smelled IDENTICAL to Opa's house haha. Man, it threw me back for some weird memories. Like-that's where I got my "Ebie Easter Egg" name. (One of Evan's nicknames growing up) I still think Rey is all jacked up for that. I was 8, and excited for Easter. haha So yeah, I'm going back there this Saturday. So I'll getta smell Opa again. whoo! I had a cool week. Full of lots of good powerful experiences. I really feel like I'm getting put more and more in my place in how to be a missionary throughout my life, not just now. Start will the spiritual, then we will go to the good news. Anyways, So this past Saturday we were walking to one of our citas in the fog of dust...like always. awesome :) Anyway some guy yelled "Elders!" from right behind us, and usually I just turn and wave but I walked straight to him. (This story would be like 5 hours long so I'm gonna give you the short, not so detailed story. Use revelation to fill in spots you don't understand, or just make up your own stuff) So we got to talking and the guy was SOOOO lost. He had tons of addictions...had no clue why he was here on the earth and said this was his fifth life. Anyway he also said he felt something weird to talk to us. I love that. Anyways, he was going at that moment to do dumb stuff with his friends but i told him no and that he should come talk to us. Long story short, the man was.... bestly worded...like...not with God's angels. We talked to him shortly about the priesthood. I bore my testimony about it, and offered him a blessing. I felt really strongly along with my comp that he needed one. We offered and talked to him about how conforming to his faith it will come to pass. And he accepted. I gave him a blessing of comfort. Never in my life have I felt such a strong over powering spirit fill my body. I felt as though I was looking at myself give it. I felt the Power of God so strongly overcome the forces and plan of the adversary. And, I know with out a doubt, he felt it too. After that he had to go. I dunno where he lives or his number cuz he doesn't have one. But he knows where the church is. I don't know what will happen to him or anything yet. But I do know without a doubt in my mind we are in the True Church of Jesus Christ. The Church that was renewed through prophet Joseph Smith. The Heavens aren't closed. In fact they are so very open. And any man worthy to act in God's name has the ability to work wonders. As well as women with sufficient faith. I have been trying and trying to become a missionary like Ammon, or Paul, how they just taught with boldness through the Authority they had. The more I have come to realize the true power of this calling the more success I have had in my calling. Which leads to this Sunday! It was seriously awesome. We had 2 investigators come for the first time which hasn't happened for 9 months in this area. A 26 year old guy Julio, and a 16 year old girl Monica. Julio- we found him 2 weeks ago and we've been teaching him like crazy. He loves our message and says he prayed and feels its true. His problem kills me cuz its literally the situation we have with 3 other investigators. He's been married and now is just living with another woman. That makes me suuuuper frustrated. Cuz.... I wish you guys knew. there are literally 7 people in my area who would get baptized in a heart beat if their "partner" could get divorced then marry them. Here in Guatemala it takes 8 months and 10000 quetzales to divorce...and that's express. Bummer. But it's all for a reason. Our consequences to actions. Monica- A girlfriend of the missionary who just left from our ward. She is dope. She seriously listens sooooo well. And she also prayed and said it's true. She being under the age of 18, has to go to church 7 times before we can even talk baptism with her. Rule of the mission. But she's a good investigator. Her desafio is the parents. Lame evangelicals. BUT!!!! This week church rocked my socks seriously. Just having them there made everything so much better. I'm finding more and more people to teach here!! So that's my area. Cool stories now!!! So this week I get home and I see a missed call from Presidente Torres....Yep that was scary. Anyway, I call and guess what? Yep, they asked me to sing in front of M. Russell Ballard!!!! SOOO cool!!! So in 2 days that's what I'll be doing!!! It's a choir of 15 and we'll sing in front of about 350 missionaries Elder Ballard and Elder Clark!! (of the 70) So I'm waaaaay excited. I feel so blessed I don't know why they picked me. SO the temple today was awesome. I love how Heavenly Father just places schools all around the world for us. LOOOOOVE this Gospel. So this was all spiritual and stuff. Sorry its not full of any funny stories. Anyway, That's about all I got to say for this week!!! I super love you guys tons!!!! Thank you soooo much for all your letters!!!! Elder Fast Mom, I just have 2 questions.... How much is a CTR ring in english someone from my area wants to know...(thank you so much for that info on the scrips.) And also if there is anything i can get for you? :) I love you so much my dear mother. Thank you so much for the emails and support you give me. I'm soooo super blessed. I'll start being an even more sacrificed elder now. I love this work!!! Mother? You seriously are so much of the reason I'm here on the mission. I don't know how you were so perfect for me!!! I love you!! Elder Fast

No comments:

Post a Comment