Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sacsuha-April 25, 2011

Well...this was a quick week I felt like. Long story short... We had one investigator in church...aaaaannndddd that was about the only decent thing. We got owned. Maria wants to be baptized SOOOO bad....but can't cuz her MEMBER husband doesn't want to get married!!!!!!! I couldnt believe it!!!!!! I was really josk. He (Otto, Marias partner) told us 3 months ago that they were going to get married-buuuut he said, "it hasnt entered into his soul yet.". When he said that I about started flippin' the money changer tables. I reminded him that he has 2 kids already with her and never in his life will he become a man unless he makes the decision to pray and follow what he feels. And that feeling WILL BE marry her ASAP. It just makes me sad cuz Maria is the most pilas Qeqchi I have ever met. He should be super dispuesto to marry her. But its alright. She will get baptized in the next little while cuz we are praying for that. So...that was my vent haha. So as far as changes go Elder Turek is going to the Capital. I'm staying here in Sacsuha! WHOO!! AND 3 Elders will come in to split the area. Saber who will be my comp-I'm bankin' on some homie of mine. But, probably not. WEeeeeelllllpppp..... Story, just now I was sitting here typing and this Hermana V in my district (she's 27) Just said " usted ha cambiado esta cambio" (you've changed a lot this change) and I said "de veras? como?" (really? how?) Then she said "no se...solo es que usted es bien creido ahora." (I dunno...its just you're really prideful now)......... Ouch. I don't know where it even came from. So I guess this change I'll be working on my humilty. haha. I dont even talk to her. So saber...maybe thats why. SO this week was Semana Santa. Prettty rediculous. It's where they carry all these huge floats around the streets and blow stuff up, and bath in the rivers. Weird. And EVERYONE esta this stuff called pacaya... gross. AND fish...we ate soooo much that day I was stuffed. I sent you pictures but it doesn't look like it's gonna work... Anyways, this letter was lame. Just know I'm loving it here! I'll have a lot to write you next week!!! I love you guys!!! Hey mom!!! So I got to see that picture of you, Elder Turek's mom and Elder Smith's mom :) I liked it a lot!! I have the best mom ever. Thank you SOOOO much for my boots too!!!! they'll be my 8th pair of shoes in the mission haha. So the stories about Dad killed me hahahaha I love him. That was the best. He said "In-n-Out" hahahah My dad rocks!. Also, Mom thank you so much for everything you do for me and to support me on being here. I seriously feel so blessed. Shoot...I dont have much more time...I should get going!! I'll let you know a ton next week :) I love you guys!!! Elder Fast

No comments:

Post a Comment