Monday, April 4, 2011

Sacsuha-April 4, 2011

Me and a road...haha Me and this random family...we are now teaching them this Saturday :) Albardo Coc and Olivia Ca´al Elder Smith and my new Dodger hat that he bought me! Organizing our week. AND My new spectacles! Hi there hi there ho there! So yep...this week was Conference. I got my spectacles. I played a lot of phase 10 at nights. I got a new hat. I got a letter from Kallee and Opa. I learned some Q´eqchi´. And just about 3 seconds ago I saw Emmett's first poop in a toilet. (Our grandson) Best week ever. First Conference... I dont care who you are, Elder Christofferson had the best talk ever...minus the Prophet's talk in priesthood session. It was seriously awesome-the Elders I was surrounded by during all the sessions too. there were 12 gringos....Elder McPhee, Smith, Turek, Mortenson, Snow, Howard, Legua, Dilworth, Thacker, Hexem, and Tanner. FUUUUUUN. Everyone yes made comments on my glasses...most good ones. I feel like a giant nerd haha. But I feel like they fit me too. I'm like my pops when he was in high school. esooo. Friday, Saturday, And Sunday night we had Elders sleeping over to watch conference the next day or couldn't get back to their areas. So we played Phase 10...Super fun...turns out I get frustrated when I lose lots. haha. My new hat!!! This came outta no where!!! Turns out Elder Smith being the most gangster Elder Ever, saw this hat a few weeks ago and just bought it for me cuz I have like 30,000 things that are LA Dodgers. (thanks to Kal, and Ryan) So he just boguht me a Dodgers hat...Yes I love it. Now I gotta get him something. saber que. Letters...thanks a ton! Seriously were awesome too. Felt good to read them and hear from you guys. Everyone that emails me and writes me, seriously thank you so much. Some Q´eqchi´ I learned...Well I'd share it...but it would serve you guys none. haha. This week we had a decent week of teaching. We have this really amazing mother of 2 who is going to marry a member this coming month and then get baptized. we are just waiting on the guy(Otto) to get home. He is working in the Frontera of Mexico. Coolio. This week we hiked about 5 hours up to the very top of a mountain. Hard. But we did it for service. I had to carry Leña....wood...or sticks, suuuper far. Good though. I'll talk to you guys about that with all the deets on Mothers Day...when is that by the way? Storrrriiieeess....well this week was just good. I pretty much just filled you in on everything in a nut shell. We are really struggling to get this area up and running. We have literally been contacting the wahzoo outta this place. It just hasn't been clickin' with anyone. I'm not too worried or frustrated though, The field is white. Maybe I'm just not thrusting my sicle good enough. Ouch to me. But I sure feel like I am. Something will click. Just more work. I really am loving more and more the Q´eqchi´ people though. They seriously would blow your minds. I cant wait!!!!! to tell you guys about them. I was thinking the other day how Apostles came to hold the highest of trust in God's eyes. And how they became such good men...I realized most likely none of them before being an Apostle had the great light appear to them like Saul or Joseph. It was through the dedication to scripture study and prayer. I realized that I can be that... I don't mean an apostle. But a person dedicated like them. I really wanna be one of those men. I know that Apostles are men of the Lord. They see him. They talk face to face. And they are just normal people. They just put the correct priorities in their lives. Well, this letter was short...just know I love you guys. You are all seriously the best for the letters you write me and the support you give me to be here. I love you all!!! Elder Fast Laj Iso-Max

No comments:

Post a Comment