Thursday, May 20, 2010

Brief Intermission for a Package!

I got home from being gone at the Temple all morning. When I pulled up to our house, the mailman was standing at our front door. He walked up to my car, and asked, "Are you Meegan Fast?" I said, "Yes!". He responded, "This package is for you from Central America." Wow!! I was so excited! A package! Wow! A Package! My Mother's Day Package!! The mailman said,"Who do you know that lives there?" "Our son is living there for the next 2 years", I said. He asked,"Why, is he in the Peace Crops?". "No, he is a missionary for our church in Guatemala." The mailman was impressed that a young man would take time to serve and teach about God. I felt like I had done a small piece of missionary work that day, as well. And a Package!! Woo! I am not surprised this was the color of the stamps. Orange is Evan's Favorite color :) Aren't they so amazing! I loved this stamp-Salama, the city where Evan is serving as a missionary right now. I love picturing him there. Coban. I liked this, because this is the Zone Evan is serving in at this time. The box :) Isn't this beautiful? It is a Moral. I LOVE it. I love all of it. It is perfect! I want to use it, but I don't want it to be ruined. Any suggestions? Photos!!! Woo! A Missionary Mom's Best Friend! My Mother's Day card! How awesome is this?! Elder Fast and Elder Toolson at a "change conference" (Transfers) They were MTC Companions for 9 weeks. Evan told me on Mother's Day that Elder Toolson will be his friend for eternity. They love each other and watch out for one another. I have become friends with his mom. Such fun and a blessing! Elder Larsen, Elder Fast, and Elder Mays at Zone Conference. These missionaries don't know each other (yet), but the moms do from our Missionary Mom email list. I kept asking Evan if he would get a picture with these Elders. On the back is says-"For you, Mother" :) Love, love, love having a missionary!

3 comments:

  1. Meegan we are twins now! I have the exact same bag but in orange and brown tones. It is even the same embroidery pattern. I use mine as my primary bag and I get a LOT of people see it and ask me how Jack is doing. I love that they think of him every time they see it. The box looks like so much fun! I am glad you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yay! Twiners :) How fun! I am probably going to use it as a church bag in one way or the other. I like that people ask you about Jack. That's the best! How is yours holding up? I seriously don't want to tear it up...
    I am glad you enjoyed the box with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I want one!!!! Maybe my bag will come soon :). Love it so much. Now I get why the orange background on Evan's blog. It's perfect! I've always really thought it was striking, but now I love it even more! I'll keep my eyes out for those orange shorts in the mission photos!

    ReplyDelete