Saturday, June 19, 2010
June 14, 2010-Semana 23ish???
Fam!
So this week was good. Very plain and no rocking stories like I usually have. I just worked this week. But we also had a lot of success.
It was real good. more then anything the story of my life is the Mundial.....World Cup. EVERYONE watches it. we are allowed to work during it...but basically a waste of time. But not really. Cuz I was able to catch glimpses of the USA game :) oooooooohhhh :) But yeah...That's all people are talking about.
Anyways....My first baptism is coming up this Thursday the 17th! With Kimberly. I won't be baptizing her... It will be a member from the ward! Which is SOOOO awesome. It's rare for stuff like that to happen I guess. But it's really good she will have that member forever to look up to. I'm SOOOO excited for her!! So cool!!! I'll take a lot of photos mom. Promise.
Other success we had was we had 8 investigators assist (attend) church this week. Which was amazing. 2 families. And one of them just told us they want to be baptized so we go to put a fecha...or date with them tonight. They are a kekchi family and wear the corte and everything. The dad is a menos activo...freak I keep writing in Spanish, sorry. a...less active. and its a Mom... and 2 daughters. Which will rock.
The area is reeeeaaally improving! I love it.
So this Wednesday I have interviews with my Mission Pres. I think I'm gonna ask to be the next AP hahahaha jk.
I love the mish. I have a great companion that works hard.
Man I don't have any cool stories....
Umm... All is well. No problems with money... I have a LOT of ties that I buy for about 50 cents each! Which rocks and I really am just in love with my mission. I couldn't be any more happy.
Man, I'm boring this letter. haha Hang on...It gets better from here on out.
k... So all the successes.... We are helping 2 families in my area prepare to enter the temple!!! Both will enter in 6 months each!!! And a third family! But we have to wait a year with them! It's amazing. When I thought of a mission I never thought of how much you would be helping the members. In a branch, the missionaries are a really key part.
It's awesome to see their desire to go make new covenants with the Lord.
More then anything I'm just happy.
OH!!!! Okay cool story!
Last Friday when we were walking, me and my comp couldn't decide what to do... so we sat down for 10 minutes offered a pray about what to do. We sat thinking and I felt to go contacting on the street we were on. and I asked my comp what he thought and he said the same. The very next house we knocked....or yelled to. (sorry I never told you this...but you don't knock...you just yell BUANAS!!!! And then they come out...or close all their windows haha.) But the next house was a young man and his brother. Both about 23 ish. And they accepted the lesson and were really excited about it. AND wanted us to come back. In fact they asked us... Which is super rare here. But it went well. And we're going back tomorrow.
I realize because I'm so closely surrounded by the spirit amazing things like that are happening everyday. And I start to take them for granted and I'm not grateful.
So that was my lesson learned this week. Because of success its easy to get caught up in your own heart. And remember everything is because the will of the lord.
Shoot. I'm sorry this letter was so boring. The truth is I was so grateful for all the letters I received. I felt the love in each one and it surprised me. I forgot I have so many people cheerin' for me back home. I'm super blessed for that. You guys are the best. And there isn't one week that goes by where not one of you isn't thought of by me. Thank you for your examples. I love you all tons. Keep doing what right...Elder Fast
I asked Evan if they had seen the man with the sores on his feet. This was his reply: Yes!!! Why didn't I tell you about that! I took pictures :) Eww! But it's okay!!! And hes doing a LOT better!! And above all he has a date for baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 18th of July!!!! How cool is that!!!??!?!?! Mom... I love the mission.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment