Elder Burden and Elder Fast, High School friends, now both serving in the Guatemala City North Mission. This is the first time they had seen each other in over a year. It was a tearful reunion. When Evan heard he was going to Guatemala, he said, "Mom! I think that is Garrick's mission!" Sure enough, it was! (In our conversation on Mother's Day, Evan told me when they first saw each other-they literally looked at each other from head to toe in amazement that they were seeing each other on their missions. They, then hugged and it was as though time had not passed between them.)
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Zone Conference
Elder Burden and Elder Fast, High School friends, now both serving in the Guatemala City North Mission. This is the first time they had seen each other in over a year. It was a tearful reunion. When Evan heard he was going to Guatemala, he said, "Mom! I think that is Garrick's mission!" Sure enough, it was! (In our conversation on Mother's Day, Evan told me when they first saw each other-they literally looked at each other from head to toe in amazement that they were seeing each other on their missions. They, then hugged and it was as though time had not passed between them.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that picture of them eating, too, because just above Evan's head and slightly to the left is my Dave!(looking at his food) and a little further left is Elder Larsen with a big smile! There they are...all in the same room! When I first saw this picture, I wondered why Dave had a blue cloth under him--did he spill that red drink or something? :) But then I noticed all the tables have them on the ends.
ReplyDelete