
Salama, Guatemala.
We, as a family enjoy this picture. Early on in each of our son's mission's they have taken a picture with their hands on their hips. These pictures are framed and displayed in our home. This picture will be that "one" for Evan.

Elder "Gangsta" Romero and Elder Fast just before saying good-bye at changes.

Branch Party in Salama

Elder Fast-lookin' fly...The Moral (purse/bag) is from Evan's high school friend, Garrick Burden, who is serving in the same mission and zone right now.
(Did you notice it is orange?)

Shining shoes in Rabinal, the coolest activity Evan has done so far.
Soooooooo.....
I had changes this week!!! Yes!!! I'm staying in my area! I'm super grateful for that!!! And I got a new comp!!!! His name is Elder Vazquez! And he's hard working and SOOO cool!!!!! YEEEEAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited and happy! It really is a huge blessing! So I'm up here in Coban waiting for him and I'll take him back to Salama tomorrow morning at like 9 am. Then we will work! I'm super excited...but sounds tiring cuz last night I slept 3 hours. :)
I'm deathly sick still. I have parasites still and they're eating me alive...literally. but I feel a lot better than I used to. I got so weak last Wednesday I couldn't even walk. haha The whole time I just wanted a shake that dad makes and to watch a Disney movie. hahaha I love it. The last week still went well. I feel mucho mejor. much better:) My Spanish isn't great but it's going well. I could understand everything with no problem in the letter Uncle Curt wrote me. (muchisimo gracias mi tio...un serio, tu eres el hombre) But awesome news...
this coming week i have 2 baptisms!!!!!!! YEEEEAAAA!!!!!!! It will be completing an inactive family and we have reactivated the mom and the children but the dad is sketchy. I'm nervous about them going through because of the dad, but I have faith the Lord will do His will.
We also have two other families with dates in June. and things are just going well. i can teach all the lessons fairly well now. I guess I have improved...its just hard to tell when you have nothing to compare it too.
This past week we had an activity in Rabinal...an area about an hour away from mine, and we just shined shoes for 2 hours for free and contacted and received referrals...I loved it. Easily the coolest activity I've done so far. We got a lot of people interested. Funny how the tiny things of service really change a person's day.
I've been eating mangoes like crazy, and fruit and beans. I love it. I'm skinny again. Especially from being sick... speaking of don't stress it, I have pills and am fine. I weighed 206 in the MTC and now i weigh 183 hahaha scrawny. but better then chubby.
This past week for a story, i had to buy new shoes and they're all about 300 quetzales here, but no one has over size 10 NO ONE!!! haha So I had to special order size 11 and a half and they were 527 quetzales. Ridiculous. But they're comfortable and I plan on making them last the whole 2 years. My last shoes were worse than Rey's when he got home...just to give you a vision.
(Rey is Evan's older brother that served in Monterrey Mexico)
When I told you I walked 7 miles a day, I meant to say hiked. Salama is the hilliest, dirt mountains you'll ever see. I love it. It really is perfect here. I'll try and put in some pictures later.
The work is good. It truly is by the small and simple things. For everything, for Satan's plan and Heavenly Fathers plan. One thing I've realized is the importance of 100 percent obedience... so important. Do the little things correctly. It's worth it. I'm grateful to be here. I pray for you all every night. The Lord has blessed me more then I could have ever imagined. I'm so glad i have 19 more months. I want more time.
You guys would love the Guatemalan people. So loving and desiring to give. And the ladies wear really pretty skirts. That's why its better then Mexico Rey :)
Oh also! LOOK UP THAT SONG!!! TRONO DE MEXICO: TE VEZ FATAL!! I LITERALLY hear it every day!!! So good! It makes me happy. Anyways, take care. I love you all. Thanks for your prayers and letters. I really appreciate them. I'm excited for my new comp!! Dios le bendiga!
Elder Fast
After I had read Evan's letter and received the pictures, I got one last email from him that day:
Mom? I just love you. I miss you. I'm proud you're my mom. And more grateful for you than you'll ever know. Elder Fast.. YOUR missionary
No comments:
Post a Comment