Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Las Ilusiones/Zona 18-Nov 2, 2010

The Guatemala Temple Elder Navas and me at the Temple Another amazing picture of the temple! Cool Pic of Me! Me and Elder Navas. haha sooo lame. This me and Elder Chavarria...we went on divisions in his area...he is awesome! My neighbors dog-I guess this was his Halloween Costume hahahaha After playing kickball(so we're all quemado)some members bought us sheca bread....yummmy Well hi! Sorry I didn't get to email yesterday! None of the Internet places were open cuz it was "Day of the dead"... or 'national get drunk if your guat day'! Cool! But I had a really good day. Our district played kickball with another district. We kicked some butt. Then we had a water baloon (how do you spell that? balloon? well its globo in spanish.) fight. Way fun. We did it in our missionary clothes too haha. Ruined a tie of mine. But it was a really good day. Even better yet we had a good week! We had Fam. Rivera our investigators come to church!!!! For a second time!! WHOA! and Geovani!! He's got a fecha for the 13th. He reeeeaaaly wants to be baptized. But hes gotta stop smoking. So we pass by everyday and read the Book of Mormon with him. Awesome. I went on divisions this week with Elder Garcia. I showed him some new tricks. And he showed me more. Hes a stud. He's also from Honduras...like our whole mission. We found a dope new investigator in his area. Rogelio. He already has a fecha to be baptized and went to church last week. Cool. So I've got two stories...one spiritual...and one opuesta...so I'll get the non spiritual one out of the way...soooo gross. So just so ya'll know culture here... It's not weird to breast feed. Like at all here. And this Sunday in church in Gospel Principles class, there was a lady feeding her child right next to me (and they feed them until they are like 6 or even 7 sometimes.) just cuz it saves money. Anyway, this child was about 3. So clearly he can walk. He stops doing his thing..stands up...takes a step toward me (as I'm reading the scriptures aloud!) and bites my arm....... so...I finish reading. Look at my arm cuz its all wet. And there were white drops of milk and saliva alllllll where he bit! GROSS!!!! I literally gagged and rubbed it off. My comp just laughed at me. haha. But seriously? That is hands down one of the grossest things to happen to me down here. Bleh. So... yep. That's how my life is down here. K, now for a cool experience I learned a lot from that I wanted to tell you guys. There is a lady in my area. Hermana Pacheco. She's about 60..but seriously looks 80. She is dirt poor. Literally eats one hard boiled egg with a tortilla for dinner cuz she doesn't have too many teeth. Her husband used to be a member and went waaaaay wack. And now is way hardcore evangelico. And he doesn't treat her the best. Anyways last week Elder Navas and I were sitting in the shade eating the lunch we just bought from a tienda, and she walks up and hands us a quetzal. (that could buy like 2 bags of water...or a tiny bag of tortrix) and tells us to go get some water. I felt way intense gratitude. We aren't suppossed to accept money but she was sooo persistent. She doesnt have that to give away as well. Anyway, this Sunday she came to church like always. All alone. She just sits and listens. After sacrament I had to go speak with the bishop, and she went up to him shook his and and gave him 5 quetzales!!!! To pay her tithing!!! I was blown away!! If her husband found that out he would freak out!! And she cant afford that! But this little breakable, sweet lady had this amazing faith in her that not many people get to see! She didn't realize I saw her give it. She didn't give my comp and I the quet for us to think shes cool. She just does it to serve. To fulfill her duty here on earth, and to show her devotion to Heavenly Father. The reason it hit me so hard, is because there are so many people like this in the world. There are sooo many people that we could learn from if we just keep our eyes open. In all honesty, That lady is a huge example to me. I know in her own little way the Lord his making her a powerful servant. I was super blessed to see that. And learn from her. Also...as I've been reading the scriptures, I've reeeeallly been thinking about how the greatest people in them are ones who recognize the Lord's hand in their lives. But not just often, in almost everything. I think that's so important. In all honesty, I know that was the Lord blessing me to see that. And to learn from that scenerio. So...that's what I learned this week. It was a good week. We have some baptisms the 13th of November, but changes are coming up here in a week. Weird. Way too fast. But I'm sure I'll stay here :) Whoo! Anyways im gonna send fotos of the last few weeks. I love yall tons! Elder Fast Mother! First... I GOT MY PACKAGE!!!!!! WHOA!!! SOOOOOOO good. Seriously mom it was the best. Thank you... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! It seriously was perfect. Those treats...sooooooo good....already gone. Of course. And the decorations! Soooo good!! Thank you mom. Seriously thank you! So..I gotta admit that whooole In-n-out thing was pretty jacked up. I LOVED IT THOUGH! !! (I sent him a wrapper from a burger with some sauce still on it)I cut out some signs that came with it and carry them everywhere now haha. I always tell people all about it. Thank you!!! So I have some favors to ask of you. Can you send me pictures of me playing soccer my senior year? I always talk about it but got no fotos to show it...Maybe just take pictures of the pictures then email them to me or something? That'd be awesome! Pleeease? So...yea thats about it...I love you tons mother...thank you for your detailed letters. It seriously is the best feeling to know the time you put into me being out here. At times I don't think I realize how much you do for me and that's lame. I really am sooo grateful though, mom. I'm happy you and dad are all busy and kicking it in everything. I love you both sooo much. Thank you for everything! Love Elder Fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment