Monday, July 12, 2010
Amoebas, Josue, Kimberly, Sandra and a Rat
Well hi!
Well I'm just gonna throw this out here. This week was super cool. Hard. But cool. I didn't know I could even speak Spanish really. Then, I got put with this comp...turns out I can speak whatever I want and understand everything. Random. But I guess when you try it's easy or somethin' haha. I didn't know that. But yeah, I speak to anyone now. It's awesome. And I can teach really well now. Not the best. But sufficient :)
So I'm better :) I was sick really bad for 11 days to where I ate nothing. Which is ruff stuff. But all better. I guess I had amoebas in my stomach haha. It's funny that I had all these problems. Cuz now I weigh 184... Which means I have lost 23 pounds....yep. 23. haha. Guess if you want to lose weight just come here and eat guat food and youre good to go :) I burned a tie for my 6 months thing, and I watched the video after and was upset at myself for being so scronny. I wish I could be strong one day haha. Guess that'll never happen. But that's about all that's been up. Kinda stunk we lost 1 and a half days of work cuz sickness. Boo. But our area is awesome. The success we have had is incredible.
For example with less actives we have brought 3 families now in this area to church 3 concecutive Sundays. and a guy named Josue who is 21 (my best friend in the mish so far) came to church for the first time in over a year with me. I was so happy. This was this past sunday.... story of Josue: I ran into him about 7 weeks ago and have been passing by talking about soccer (because that's his thing) and just throwin' out jokes and stuff. Long story short he became a guy we passed by 2 times a week to give animo and I would send him a scripture every night to read. This past Thursday I took Elder Anhder there and was teaching him and I invited him to church as usual....but he sat there thinking. and said, "You know Elder, I have had about over 30 missionaries come talk to me and stuff. But youre the first one who falls good with me."(sounds weird in English but thats good in Spanish) he said, "Even the elders who baptized me I didn't like." and then he leaned over, shook my hand and said a man's promise," I will come this Sunday." and he did :) I also asked him about a mission that night, and I said if he had the chance would he go, and he said yes, but that's over now. long story short...he thought if you were over 20 you couldnt go. So now he wants us to help him prepare!!!!! How pilas is that! Freak I love him! He's so cool! That's the story of him. It feels super good to know I'm falling well with the people here in my area. We have the fam. Tovar who we are going to marry in 2 weeks to get baptized! And also the family Jeronimo who we will baptize and marry in the next 2 or three weeks.....Both of them getting married will be such blessings. Gosh this work is so awesome. That's how the work is going in our area. Kimberly is awesome a good example and just bein a typical 13 year old. We are also working with another 13 year old here named Sandra.. She has a lot of doubts. But nothing the spirit can't change....
This is the most boring letter ever. It's about my weight and my investigators haha. But these are the people I love here. They're so awesome. I love helping people mejorar their lives. I've never learned so much in my life.... well....thats literally it.
Tonight we have a family home evening with less actives and that will be super fun.
My comp can understand a lot but doesnt really like speaking. I think I'll learn a lot of good from him. His mom would be super proud of his diligent serving now. He told me he wanted to go home last change, but he has been a really hard, happy, fun worker with me. He's got a funny sense of humor too. I'm excited for 5 more weeks with him.
Anyways...thats all. Boring but I hope you guys are all doing well. My life is awesome :) I'm speaking Spanish :) and! We are trying to catch a rat with duct tape and peanut butter! its failing.... But you never know haha. Any homade remedes that you guys know for catching rats? Please give them :)
Take care fam...love you tons
Also! TAKE CARE LAW FAMILY! you guys care dope....Just thought I'd throw that out to an awesome family :)
P.S. I have an honda now... sling shot...homemade... I can't remember if I told you guys...but I love it...already been shootin stuff. Best ever.
Love y'all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment