Tuesday, July 20, 2010
July 19, 2010
Hey Fammers,
So this week was a little bit weird. But good. We have a fecha for a family in our area now. Familia Tovar. Just a dad, mom and 3 year old daughter. We are going to marry them and then right after have them get baptized.
That's really about all the progression our area had the past week. Which was in truth a little upsetting :) But, this coming week we will have a ton of success. We will pretty much just be looking for new investigators because all our teaching pool basically fell apart which was a bummer. But we now have the opportunity to find a ton of news.... which I cant wait for.
(Don't know if this story is crude or not) Anyways, Guatemala is crazy cool. And I was walking home form the market one day, and I saw a guy completely naked with a crowd just sitting around him, and they were spraying him with a hose........... Yep. That was easily the most random thing I've seen here.
Anywaaaaaays...Also while I was in the market they caught 2 little 12 year old thieves and all the mercadores (the people who work in the market) tied them up with twine til the police came hahaha. I really like how here its so impoverished they just do whatever they want with what they want. But its funny to me. I love this country.
Just today as a Zone we went and did a little activity... We went to a place that was supposed to be a crazy cool cave but we didn't get to go in because I guess the whole cave was filled with water... Soooo we just walked around for a little. That's about it. And then today I had the blessing of being able to go to McDonalds. It was super amazing. I got a big mac.... First one in about 7 months. I loved it.
Also about our investigators... We have this lady Nora Jeronimo, she wants to be baptized and everything now after we taught her. Her husband is a member and so are their two children. But she can't because her and her "husband" aren't married. And we can't help them much either because the guy "husband" has to get divorced to a lady in the states first....But he cant find her....It's sad. But there really isn't much we can do. So we are just doing all we can edifying them spiritually.
Next is Gustavo.... He was a reference. We have taught him twice and he loves the gospel....He's about 20. He has SOOOO many questions and just thinks me comp and I are so pilas. He's awesome. We are teaching him at the church this next Thursday and I'm going to show him the baptisimal pila and talk to him about baptism. I'm really hoping he is willing to accept. By far, other then the family Tovar he is our best bet.
One thing I didn't see coming about the 'mish', is the Love that you feel so deeply for the people. The true desire to give anything you have to help them better their lives.
I didn't know what a blessing it would be to come out here on my mission to learn a language, and to progress so far in the Gospel....turns out I knew nothing before the mish :)
All I can say is I love the mish...I'm sooooo happy. And I hope you guys like the photos.
I love you all to death. Can't wait to see you all in 17 ;)
Love Elder Fats (That's how Guats say it) :)
(Photos to be posted at a later date)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment