Saturday, July 3, 2010

June 28, 2010 6 months! A quarter? Just sayin'

Fam!!! well hi! This past week was awesome! Just worked and lived the mission life. It's super awesome. I sent a ton of pictures home...so I hope you got them all. This week I decided to just write a little of all my favorite things I've been enjoying and with some why. Just so you can see how I've been doing and whats new! First...I eat the fruit Guanaba EVERY day. Literally. SOOOO good and everywhere here....Did you drink that Ryan or is guadana different? cuz i LOVE it. also, ive been doing service EVERY morning lately. it really is helping our relationship with the people here. the past 12 days ive done it 7 times. You just take a machete and go cut down everything in sight to make a road.....I literally feel so cool when im doing. I'll be honest :) So also I dug out a road. it took forever but it was cool. I just used a shovel and a wheelbarrow with about 12 other Guats and we just went to town. It was awesome. Also just to throw it out there we jalon everywhere..hitch hike. It's fun and a good way to contact. Rarely do they drive by without stopping. Its fun! Also the Mundial...or World Cup was fun to hear about. Now I don't even care. They let me down every time. I was so worked up over this one too cuz its all they talk about here. Big let down. And I don't think I'll hear the end of it here. so... thats that. 2014? Sounds like it'll never come. But I vow to see at least 1 game with all my bros then. It made me a little trunkie when it'd be on. haha. But here its baggie...not trunkie. Also I know this might sound a little weird. but i actually love to study now. like when my time runs out I'm bummed because it wasn't everything i wanted to cram in. its just fun learning...weird. but it really is. i LOVE excersise now! that is my life saver. if i didn't have that i couldn't wake up....oooor look as good as I do. ahah j/k. cool story!!!!! i was hackin around with a machette last saturday and I hacked a huge arbol..tree and made a sling shot...like I took the time to make it earlier today. it is AWESOME!!! ive already shot like 3 guat dogs that go crazy when you walk by. Best invention ever. Everyone here has them. haha. So cool. I feel more Guat now. I LOVE buying ties. I have 42 ties now. And have given 36 away. im already becoming an elite missionary because of all my ties ill be honest. I've got some really good ones. As well as buying soccer jerseys from pacas... which is old American clothes. It's about 35 cents or so for a tie or shirt haha. so cool! I love it here. also...speaking of pacas....I bought a brand new still in the package church suit that literally fits PERFECT! It was 30 quetz...or 3 dollars and 78 cents....oh man haha, its SO awesome. A grayish black. also another thing i love to do here is tell stories in Spanish to my investigators about my family or friend at home. I love letting them know about me as well now. I LOVE talking to little kids. They're so awesome here. it really makes me miss my nephews y nieces. but I love them. The people here are so loving, veerrry loving. on the serious note of things I love is feeling the spirit during lessons. or seeing that they can too. It makes me feel like a good servant of the Lord. I love seeing the Lord's hand in everyday... you literally can if you're looking see it in everything. it so cool hes that intimately involed with all of us. I love the people I get to help and see desire to better follow the Lords Commandments. I'm super lucky. I really am. This work is awesome. on a really spiritual note.... I LOVE seeing 3 inch cockroaches running all over our kitchen sink and huge worms coming out of our drain when we are washing dishes. Or even better when I make a sandwich with amazing bread and then decide to have another but then see after that, the rats in our house have been literally inside the bag of the bread I just ate. hahaha. I LOVE IT! I really do. This whole country falls well with me....( that's what they say here) :) If they like someone or anything they say it falls well...or bad. But in this case well. I'm improving Spanish wise and missionary wise. I don't want the next 6 months to go as fast as this past 6 months did. I love it here. I wanna take you all here after the mish!! So that's it...a super self centered email :) We have changes this coming Saturday so i guess we will see what happens. I doubt anything will change for me. But I wanna go to Polochic and learn Kekchi. That'd be so cool. I miss you all. I hope all is well. I'm always praying for exito para ustedes. te amo muchisimo. de veras. muchisimo gracias por tu amor para mi y cartes. Take care fam. Elder Fast.... P.S. Just a fun fact if you ask a Guat who they want to win the world cup they will literally say Germany Argentina Brazil or Holland...all four at the same time. I'm not kidding. Most fair weather people ever. I'm personally want Holland cuz they're orange. or Uruguay. That'd be cool. Any ways....we had 6 investigators in church too! The area rocks. Tons of people progressing towards baptisms. I love it. take care love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment