Thursday, December 30, 2010

Evan's Been Gone A Year! Hump Day!

Giving Dad his last hug. It was a tearful, joyful hug.
In our family, when we are leaving to go somewhere, we always say,"I love you" in sign language. Love you, Ev...
My last hug from Evan for 2 years. It was a great one!
On December 30th, after many days with family and friends, we dropped Evan off at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, UT. He will be there approximately 3-5 weeks.
It had been an emotional few days, having to watch him say,"Good-bye" to all his siblings, their spouses, then nieces and nephews. The tears just kept coming.
But not only were they sad tears, but tears of joy! Tears of pure pride and accomplishment. Evan worked hard to be the kind of person he needed to be. He worked hard to be prepared to serve God for the next 2 years.
After crying so much, he said he was all cried out. There were no more tears for him. As for Rey, he couldn't stop crying. Rey loves raising a family. He loves the noise, the craziness, the hugs and kisses. He is so proud of our youngest child. We are truly blessed beyond measure!
I thought when I hugged Evan the last time, I would be sobbing. But, I couldn't cry either. I just kept saying,"Evan-this is so great! You are so great! You will be amazing! The people will love you like I do!" And, that is really how I felt. I can't explain the excitement I felt in my heart for him. It, I guess was pure joy! It was a beautiful feeling! Although-as a disclaimer-I cried myself to sleep that night...It IS a wonderful thing, but it still hurts. Oh, how I love this kid!
If you would like to write him-please email me for his address. I am sure he would love to hear from all of you.
I will say it again,"I am a blessed woman!"PS-Thanks Serretta for the pictures. ******************************************************************************* I wrote that post last year (on our family blog) after we dropped Evan off at the MTC. It still brings tears to my eyes to even think about it. But, there are tears for many different reasons now. Tears of gratitude for his growth in his testimony, maturity, new friends, and love for the Guatemalan people. I remember hugging him for the last time. I remember the excitement I felt as we drove up the the MTC. Seeing all the Elders waiting for him sent chills all through me. He was going to have an opportunity of a lifetime. A time for just him and God. Nothing else to distract him from this relationship with God and our Savior. It's hard to believe it has been a year. It has gone by so fast. One year to go. Will it fly by? What will he learn? How will he grow? We, as parents are grateful for those who love, support and pray for Evan. They have been such a support to us as well. I am grateful for sons and daughters that love the youngest in our family. That faithfully write him, and encourage him. I am also grateful for Missionary Moms that show their love and concern for someone they have never even met. That truly is the pure love of Christ. Evan has been blessed more than we could have ever imagined as we pulled our car into the MTC Dec 30, 2009. We sure love him and miss him, but wouldn't chose for him to be anywhere else on earth! Happy Hump Day Ev!

No comments:

Post a Comment