Monday, December 6, 2010
Llanos de Santa Maria-Dec 6, 2010
Well hi!!!
Freak, this week was like the 2nd coolest week I've ever had in the mission! First, clearly being the week I almost died of Deng Gae fever. Duh.
So, I'm just gonna sum it up right quick. 16 lessons with members!!! Whoooo!!!! Elder Rivera and I have this ward pumpin' to go work with us! And this coming week we should get some more. Looooove it here. All except the dust that literally makes me just drip snot from my nose... (kinda like when Rey singed all his nose hairs from the fire and snot would just drip out ahahah) But seriously. You saw last weeks pictures. Gross.
So other then our hard work and bustin up the area this week I blew it Sunday morning!!!!
There is THE SICKEST family in my area. Familia Lopez Cruz. We taught them last Sunday...because literally the father is gone from 5:30 in the morning until 10 at night. lame. But I love him. (He can only hear out of 1 ear.) Anyways we taught them, they loved it. Yesterday after church we went back and she had visitors over so we couldn't go in!!! Bummer. (we were with a member too :))
But, we got to talking and she had prayed about our last message and she told us she felt it was true!!!!!!! Do you know how many times that's happened on my mission!?....well twice. But this time its legit! I'm sooooo excited for them....Oh reason I said I blew it is because she said that she wanted to go to church in the morning but she didnt know how to enter! Woooooooow. I was so bummed I didn't think to go by their house. We went to like 300 other houses except hers. But, this coming week for sure. And we have a stake activity this coming week. Annnd she said she'd come with all her kids. 3. Two of baptismal age. I'm soooo excited. So yeah. That was how I blew it. But we will pick that back up.
We found a bunch of newbies, too. Our area is really picking up the pace.......
My email is all about missionary work... haha
Cool story of this past week... well yesterday.
So I had 2 investigators at the Christmas Devotional yesterday. Cool. So for some reason there was no signal for the satellite. It was about 7:03 and we knew it had started.
Me and Elder Sakaviech went in the room where the satellite panel was and said a quick prayer and without thinking I just flipped a few switches that looked good and then boom! It was on!
How cool that I got to be part of that little blessing. I think as people we look far past those blessings and at times even feel deserving of them. Anyways, I thought it was really cool. Then after the Devotional I thought about last Christmas.....Made me miss you guys, cuz that was the last time I saw you. Buuuut. I get tamales here. And more tamales. Don't be jealous.
So that's about it. This work is really going well.
I'm super grateful for my mission and how things have been going. I hope things keep picking up in my area. We are starting to get some good progressing people. Hope it continues.
So yeah.
Love you all tons. I'm crazy intense jealous you guys have In n Out and all that jazz. But I've never been happier.
Love you all tons.
Elder Fast
P.S. Shout out to My bro Rey!!!!! T'was your birthday! I remembered the day of and felt way cool. Just how old are you now??? 29 30 31??? Ssssaaaber...
Also, Daniel I know yours is comin' so don't worry.
Mommmmmmmma!
So you'd be proud of me. I wrote everyone a tiny Christmas card for each one in our family and with a picture. I think that'd be cool. So I hope they like it.
SO I thought about you a lot this week. How you and dad are just amazing. I wish you guys were in this ward :) I'd go visit you guys a lot :)
SO nothing really new other then what I wrote you. Sorry.
So I dunno if youve seen Llanos on Google Earth...but it's dust and tin houses. Veeery few cement houses. And I live in a cement home. :)
So that's really about it. I wrote you a letter today so I feel like I've told you everything.
Make sure you let everyone know I love them tons.
Thank you for your letter!! I can't wait to read it!!! It's HUUUUGE!!!
Anyways I love love love you, Mom!
Elder Fast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment