Monday, October 18, 2010
Colonia Las Ilusiones/Zona 18-Oct. 18, 2010
Well hi!
So I'll try and make this all informative more then anything!
My past week was really good! But lame. I didn't work 3 days because my companion was sick. So it was a lot of reading and talking to the people we live above. Which is like a two story house, but we live in the second story.
They are so nice. The lady.. Hermana Guzman made me breakfast lunch and dinner 3 days straight. So yesterday I made them all lunch! That was actually a lot of fun.
Elder Navas and I didn't have too much progression this week in the work. We actually went backwards I felt like. Our fechas fell.
I dunno what happenned. But last Monday the family we had the AMAZING experience with now runs in the house, turns off the lights and doesn't answer when we knock..(fam. Castillo chok) Turns out they got baptized in a different church.... I dunno. I felt run down from the whole no progression from my investegators.
And then at Zone Conferance Hermana Torres gave a talk that seriously I think was for me. She talked a lot about her mission. So! I'm all better and ready to go find the white and ready!! :)
Kinda a slow week I feel like.
But I wanna just go work today!! I wanna go kick butt this week!
We have Fam. Bran, Fam. Mendez, and Fam. Sylvestre we are teaching! I love them all so much. I wish you guys could meet these people. So loving and willing to help anyone. I wanna be like them! We are planning on putting a fecha with Fam Bran this coming week!! It's gotta be a bomb digity lesson though.
Elder Navas and I get along very well. We dont have anything holding us back like contention or other stuff. Just sickness this week. But that's done now!
I love the kid. He is always talking about home still though. (you can tell he is new :)) He still watches every move I make. And is always reminding me to flush the toilet. haha I haven't got good at that yet. haha
My area is really hilly. Steep hills. And my comp and I always race up them. They're so steep that it feels like your not moving when running haha.The members are starting to know us a little better. We are doing 2 family home evenings tonight. That will be way fun! We always play food and eat treats :)
This past week I had Fam. Bran ask me my favorite thing about Guatemala.... I have been thinking about that a ton this week. And it was hard to find one thing to top the rest. But I realized hands down it's the people. They are amazing!!!!!
I wanna show you all of them!
Spanish is going really well! I'm getting it all down. I've reeeeaally improved these past few weeks.
Anyways this letter is boring fam. Sorry! It's just cuz nothing happened this past week. Just sickness and some regular work.
I love it here. I don't ever wanna go home. Sorry.
I'll send you pictures later too! I love you all tons! Thank you for all your letters! I getta read 'em tonight cuz I print them all off!
Les amo!!
Elder Fast
Thanks Mom and Dad.
Thanks for being so good to me!
I love you guys so much....
I'll be super jolly next week!
Sorry I was lame this week! I really am purely happy.
Thank you for the prayers and package! I cant wait!!!
About a Christmas package. Don't worry about it :) I dont want you to have to do that! I already ask way too much from you guys!!
I love you both!!!
Elder Fast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That was such a sweet letter. I love how encouraging he is even when his week is less than encouraging. Meegan you have a wonderful son....of course you already know that.
ReplyDelete