Monday, October 4, 2010
Colonia Las Ilusiones/Zona 18-Oct 4, 2010
Mom!! This email session was super lame. It took me 30 minutes to read all my letters before I could even start writing home so I had no time to go in to detail and give answers to what I was asked.
Im sorry. I wanted to write you so bad!
Im SOOOOO happy though! The mission is going so well. I think I'm really getting a hang on what it really is to be submerged in the work! I wake up every morning excited to go teach the lessons we have planned.
Im getting addicted to teaching with the spirit.
Just know I love you and I wrote you a hand written letter today :)
Give special shout outs to Daniel and Aubs for their emails to me and say I love them.
And Kal-let her know I'm happy for her.
Also Dad-I love him and miss him.
I'm so grateful for you guys. Thought that alllll through Elder Hollands talk :)
Hey he even said thanks to camp directors, mommy! haha I liked that :)
I love you so much mother!
Elder Fast!
Family!!!!!
Whoa...welllll I'm back in the capital of Guatemala kicking some major spiritual butt with my companion Elder Navas from Honduras... I'm legit at Spanish now, and we are just absolutely teaching up a doctrinal storm!
How was that for a pump up beginning? haha
So my area is called Las Ilusiones! It's suuuuper...interesting and 100 percent different then I'm used to. It's not all opened spaced. It's all tight and cityish.
K, so Elder Navas. He was told by president to follow my every move. And I didn't think that to be taken literally....but he literally follows and watches everything I do. Kinda awkwardly, too. haha. For example I was washing the dishes for 35 minutes or so and I kid you not the whole time he just stood there and watched me without a word said. So I just started singing hymns in Spanish cuz I felt awkward haha. But he is so humble and willing to learn! He also wants to learn English and I'm being awesome at teaching him that. He can already say "will you scratch my back?" really well. haha.
So we are starting over fresh here again. Like I did in Salama.
K, story of the week. You ready? It's gonna blow your minds....
So there was no one we could go teach so we just had to go look. We started knocking those doors.
We get to a house with a 13 year old girl Josolyn. We talk to her a little, then her mom and they let us inside. Long story short-we asked them if they wanted to be baptized and they said no. So we just kept teaching but to ask them again just kept running through my head. Seriously about 5 times. Soooo I asked them again in a different form. And they said yes. Then I said for the 30th of october...and they said no. Bummer. We finished up the lesson, and I invited the whole family to pray kneeling on their knees. And we asked the mom to say the prayer. But I clarified for when she prayed to ask if she needed to be baptized in specific for the 30th of October. So she started praying....quietly...not like I wanted. So all the family and us were just sitting on our knees while she was praying. It created an awkward scenerio cuz the kids knew she was suppossed to pray aloud. But I told them to pray too. And as well me and my companion offered prayers . In specific I prayed for her to feel the prompting to be baptized and to know our message was true. 17 minutes later...I kid you not, after her kids and us were just sitting there waiting the Lady (Marta) stopped praying. Sat in her chair and was just looking at me. So I asked how she was feeling, and she just started to cry. Then she said she felt SO happy and needed to gain the goal of the 30th of October. We then explained the Holy Ghost and just how through a prayer it can touch you and that we would do everything we could to help her meet this goal!!!! Can you believe that!!!? The story is a lot cooler then I just made it sound, too!
So we have been teaching her a ton along with 3 of her kids. Marta (her) Alyson, Josolynn, and Martin. They all wanting to be baptized the 30th of October!!!!
I'm so excited for them! They are all way excited too!!! What a scenerio to live through.
Sad part about it...they are moving to Carcha in Guatemala about 6 hours away. So they have already gotten them in touch with those misisonarries there. Both studs there. So I trust them. But they move in 5 days :/ So I won't get to see their baptisms. But I just want to know about it! It truly was amazing.
Also we have found 6 other new investagators just in this past week other then them that we plan on putting fechas with this or next week.
I love the mission.
So Conference really did rock my socks. Best talks hands down were Dieter Uchdorf, the one on pride in Priesthood session and then the one about "getting to know yourself through the spirit" Saturday. So yes I did get to see it! I loved it!
I wish I could talk more about everything that I got to do and experience this past week. But i really don't have time. Just know it's all in my journal So I'll tell you all about it after!
My district has 8 people in it! With 4 gringos and 4 morenos. It's a cool district. Lots of fun.
I have a new mission buddy-Elder McPhee. He's from Utah. He is funny. Good guy, and Elder Seppi. Los dos son pilas.
Well I should probably jet. Sorry my letter was boring with just a story not even goodly detailed. (It's cuz the internet cafe I'm in has like Death metal music playing.) I hate it.
Anyways,it was the best week of my mish working wise, hands down.
I love you all a ton!!!
Elder Fast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment