Monday, October 11, 2010

Colonia Las Ilusiones/Zona 18-Oct 11, 2010

Well hi!!! How cool I getta write you all! I've been super working hard this past week and it literally feels like 1 day has passed since I was last here typing you. Which is actually nice. But also sad. Don't like how fast time goes. Anyways, this past week I was really blessed to have really gotten to know all the members here in Las Ilusiones. Awesome. Our assistance (attendance) was only 63 this past Sunday. But my companion and I have a goal to bring it up to 85 by 4 weeks from now. That's 22 more souls :) Awesome. We've been really amazingly blessed with success you have no idea. Last Wednesday we had interview with President. And it was really good. He just talked a little with me on how things are going and what he expects from me. A lot too. I know he receives inspiration. He's so awesome. Anyways he told me Las Ilusiones was a sleeping Giant. ha ha It made me think of Pearl Harbor when he said that... But the reason that's so cool he said that is because this past week Elder Navas and I found 4 more families! 4! That's a ridiculous amount in one week! And not only that they are all so pilas and willing to listen. And they all have already fed us. So I'm like best friends with them :) I'll keep you updated on how all that goes. Also, tomorrow is Zone Conference. So that will be good to get that spiritual uplifting. It's always good to have that. Really though, the weeks all seem to blur together now. Everything that has happened in my mission feels like it was yesterday. It's a really weird feeling. My Spanish is really improving. It's getting more and more seldom where I am not understood in a sentence or something. When I do make a mistake it's a very simple one I knew. I've been really blessed with the language. having a Latino comp that's so willing to learn and help me learn has really helped me a ton already. Like I learned how to say kite. (barrilete) It's just funny to me that i literally have to learn ebery (purposely written like that) word. Fun though. No puedo esperar para hablar con mis hermanos :) va a ser bien pilas!!! (Spanish to English translation: I can not wait to talk to my brothers:) Going to be good batteries!) Here in the city the people are much more intelligent I have found, they actually can understand some things that we teach without fotos and stuff. Which has made a large improvement on my knowledge as well. And listening to the spirit more to know what to say. That by far is the most clave (key) thing in the mission.....having the spirit and just listening. All it really is, is a thought or at times a feeling. So cool. What a blessing it really is. In 3 Nefi when Jesus appears and he gives the people the holy Ghost they are just so amazed by it. I think that's so cool. At think at times we tend to not realize how great of a gift it truly is to have it. Really Fam, I just want you to know I am soooo grateful for all your letters and keeping me updated on your families. It's the best to hear. It really is. I hope and pray for you guys daily. I was able to share my testimony with my new ward this past Sunday, and I was able to tell them about the pathway you guys laid out for me to walk into the mission field. I feel so blessed to have seen you all grow up and dome rock the Gospel. Then I also told them how I was the best looking in my family. Which of course...was easily believed by my looks. haha Lame joke. Anyways, I love you all. Guat rocks. The people rock. And platanos are gross. (look them up if you don't know what they are) Bleh. They eat so many here. Love you! Elder Rapidito Platanos Mother! I'm so grateful for Our Savior Jesus Christ. And the sufferings He made for us to live together for eternity. I can't wait to talk to you on Christmas :) And just so you know...pumpkin pancakes...mmmmmmmmmmm :) That seriously made me soooo jealous haha! lucky!!! Oh! and just to make you feel good...the family (members) that live below us is a mom and dad just about 7 years older then you and pa! She allllwwwayys brings up food!!! Soooo good. They remind me of you guys. But they're old. And they have a 30 year old son who is a firefighter. (Speaking of I still feel desire to do that ever since my mutual trip to a firestation with Dad...) The husband just got a surgery so he'll be home for the next four months. They were wondering in the Christmas package if I could have some beef jerky haha...they want it :) They and I assume I'll be here that long :) Love you mother! See you in 1 week! or email... :) Elder Fastito

No comments:

Post a Comment