Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sacsuha-March 21, 2011

Thanks to Elder Turek we have the first 3 picturesAfter the rain. Elder Fast and Elder Turek at Rio Dulce THE Zone at Rio Dulce Me and Elder Jennings on divisions. The chapel That's me marketing for a drink. Only sold in the Chik baby! Some drunk guy on our porch. haha Hey hi! Super good week. Well, decently good. My Q´eqchi´ is getting slowly better. I'm teaching a tiny but now. But literally a tiny bit. I miss that most. But I know when my time comes to be able to teach again to my full potential it'll be even sweeter. So, normal week pretty much. Nothing to grande happened. Actually that's a lie!!!!! COOLEST THING EVER!!!! On Sunday during the Sunday School lesson that I clearly don't understand...I answered a question!!!! YEEEESSS!!!! Everyone looked at me and said Chabil´at...that means ´´you´re good´´ haha i felt like the man. anyways.. Good story....I guess I haven't really had that much of an opportunity to explain to you guys what its really like here other then really primitive. And honestly there is no better way to describe it. Well the kids here are super crazy. and if you get around more then 5 of them they get all wild and excited. And if you show any emotion around them they love it.....SO...yes...everyday I have little Indians going crazy with me. literally when they get excited they yell like Indians...it always gives me the chills. I love them. Anyways...this week Turek and I just got done with a lesson and there were a TON of kids outside waiting for us. And one little kid threw a berry at me from a tree......sooooo....I threw one back. hahahaha. Best decision ever. Next thing I knew I was getting mangoes thrown at me, corn, and little sticks hahaha. I got owned. So Turek and I started to run away down the mountain. But obviously it was super rainy and muddy...like ALWAYS (i love it). Anyways as Turek tried to cut a corner he slipped and fell super hard into the corn field and trail. So I tried to dodge him by going into the corn field but my foot got caught on something (I'm thinking a corn husk pile...I'll never know) But it threw me forward and I just landed on top of Turek hahaha. I seriously couldn't stop laughing, but I had to get up quick cuz the little Indians kept coming after us. They didn't even have pity for the fall. haha. Gangster. I love the kids here. Anyways, stories are kinda lame through email. just know it was cool. (add in whatever special effects you need to, to make the story good) As for my area we are struggling to get people to progress. It's the weirdest thing. We have found some of the most pilas people but they aren't praying or reading or anything. So we are just doing our very best with them. And REALLY looking for "news". We found 12 this past week. That's alright. Cuz really only 4 were super pilas...but who knows! Every seed can grow! Even the lamest of ones that don't read the Book of Mormon when I tell them to. haha. So that's about all I got to say...cuz I wanna send a few shout outs. Just know I suuuper love you guys...but this mission is seriously the best thing in the entire world. Learning a third language...no...but, being amongst Korihors great, great, great, great, great, great (times 632 greats) grand children is pretty cool. I love you guys. Thank you so much for the letters you keep sending me. You have no idea how much they lift me. Shout outs.... First to my new ward's primary!!! I got like 75 letters at once haha. That seriously was super awesome...I guess thank who did that, Mom...and I'll try and be buena onda and write one back for them! Then to My mom and Pops....I got the St. Patricks Day package ON ST PATTY'S DAY!!!!!! I was SOOO happy!!! I had literally just got done telling Turek how dope my mom was for always making the little holidays big, to show love to us...and KABOOM! St. Patty's package. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!! Now just to POPS!!!!! 56!!!!!!!!!! WHAT!?!?!?!?!? I was thinking a couple of days ago. Remember his 54th birthday? and when I missed it.......I'm so lame haha. Just know I had it all in my head this time. The only thing was I thought you were going to be 55. So mom gave me that help. Other then that, I was all solo. Props to me. I love you dad!! Eat In-n-out for me....please? That WILL be the first thing I eat when I get home. Daniel- Thanks for the Updates... I'm loving two mountain west teams in the sweet 16!!!!! ESO!!!! Of course Florida beat UCLA. They've never beat them before.....wait........haha Dude keep 'em coming!!! It sounds like a good year!!! Aubs- A Garden!?!?!? YES!!!!! I will eat ALL of your cucumbers. =Thats seriously awesome! Dope. Make sure you send me a foto!!!!! For reals. I wanna see your yard. Kallee- Seriously your letters are the best!! Thank you some much!!! Mother-Dang mom I ran out of time again.,...Im sorry... And I bought you a cool bracelet today like you wanted. :) And that I cried in some of the stuff you wrote me. Thank you so much mom...Tell Virginia I love her and her family so much. And that was seriously so kind of her. Tell Page I Love her Family and when I saw those fotos I freaked!!! THEYRE HUGE!!! And TAJIA IS GETTING MARRIED!!!! That seriously is SOOOO AWESOMEEEE!!!!!! Please let her know that I'm super happy for her!!!! Know that you seriously are the best mother ever. And thank you for the package. EVERY little thing in it is perfect. I LOVE THE TOWELS! THANKS!!!!!! Also....I'm doing better at Q´eqchi´! And...that i will write you in one week :) I love you guys more then anything!!!!!!! Elder Fast. Ninnaw naq li Dios naxb´oqeb´ li profeet sa´ li kutankil a´in!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That picture of the drunk guy on his porch made me laugh SO hard! Mike has so many pictures just like that from his mission!

    ReplyDelete