Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sacsuha-Feb 14, 2011

Me and Elder Turek in the caves The Q'eqchi' Book Of Mormon. Panchita Ask me if I'm pretty much fluent in Q´eqchi´ already.... nope I'm not...but will be...ha ha looks like this. Ninnaw Naq lix Iglees li Jesukristo a´an li junaj Iglees Tz´aqal yaal anajwan. That says I testify the Church of Jesus Christ is the only true church in this day. But the direct translation is far from that. I love it though. The people here seriously are amazing. They ALLLL let you in when you go to their house. The way you ´´knock´´ is yell ´´oooooOOooooh´´ ha ha i love it. so many cool things here. i wish i can write them all down for you. But I can't...this keyboard sucks ha ha. In my area we walk probably like 5 kilometers a day. I wish we had bikes here. We'd get like 35 more citas a week if we did. But all our walking is up and down mountains. Very rarely in the valley. My area is called Sacsuha (accent over the a) the population I think is like 1500. But they are spread out like CRAZY. My area is seriously the size of Las Vegas. That was a lie. But it's big. I've found quite a few monkeys now. Ones that are tied up for pets. Theres this one named "Panchita". And she ALWAYS runs up to me and jumps on my head. She's seriously awesome. I'll send you photos of that next week. She bit my ear too. I gave her some mad cincho for that. super hurt. My area is crazy jungle. Literally it's hard for me to sleep at night because there are 5 million bugs making sounds. Seriously so loud. I'm already accustomed to spiders...but HUGE ones, bigger then tennis balls. Like OH! Like grapefruit size. Where you can see all their hairs and fangs and stuff, gross. You literally wouldn't believe how many I torch every night with Elder Turek. Bug spray and matches...my fave. :) But probably 5 every night. ALL IN OUR HOUSE. Which is about the size of my room I had in Vegas. But it doesn't have a ceiling. Just a cynder block house with some tin placed on top. But the tin is about 5 inches away from the block so we basically sleep outside. We just have walls ha ha. My bathroom is separate from my house. Just cement and a toilet covered by sheets. Weird cuz that's where we shower too... Little kids have walked in on me more then once. Makes for some awkward scenarios cuz I don't speak there language!! ha ha So I just scream! ha ha. The little kids here ask the same 2 questions EVERY SECOND!!!! whats your name???? and Where you going. everyone is nosy here... way nosy. Adults ask that question allllllll the time too. So we just say "far" when they ask ah ha. Their humor is like this: real scenarios....little kid..look at your ear....me...it's an ear... little kid...it's an EAR!!! then... little kid again... look at your ear... then me...no response. Cuz if they think something is funny they say it over and over till you don't respond. ha ha. Also their culture, like this morning: I was walking to the bus stop and this 13 year old kid just runs up behind me and started to tickle me..............not my thing to get tickled. So I turned around chased him, then lifted him above my head and started running around...he thought it was the coolest ever. ha ha That's everyday living here...these humble people would blow your minds. They all live in stick houses... like the one I sent you last week. But most have the tin roofs. But literally all of them with dirt floors. I really love them for how happy they are. What a blessing it is for me to see this and live with them. They all have maybe 50 dollars worth of stuff in their houses. And RARELY have TVs. I've seen 3 in my area. And when its on the whole town is around them watching novelas. Which they DON'T understand cuz its in Spanish!!! Weird. But dope...They are amazed by technology...for example, a computer is called, a metal brain in Q´eqchi´. ha ha What more...they eat fruit here like nobodies business. we get given things all the time...I know bad English...like coconuts they open for us (they have HUGE ones here!!!!!!) and MANGOES!!!!! they're back in season!!!! SOOOO GOOODDDDD!"!!!! SO that's kinda my area... terribly described through email. The people we are teaching are kicking butt. The only thing is no one has money to get married here. They aren't used to that. It's not their culture. Their culture is just live with your spouse and never leave them. That's marriage to them. They don't really understand. They're just a simple people. They love life. We have 5 families we will be putting fechas with in the next 2 weeks. Awesome. I love it here. My comp is awesome. My area is awesome. The people are awesome. And the language is awesome...I just gotta learn it :) Anyways...kinda lame my letter. I just wanted to try and give you a feel of my area. Thanks for all your letters. you guys rock. Anyways keep on chuggin. Oh!! my Q´eqchi´ name is Laj Tz´unun...means humming bird cuz they're super fast. All the missionaries here have names cuz last names are too hard for them to say...so they name you something else....so that's my name...and EVERYONE calls me that here..ha ha cool. Anyways...Love you guys. Do the small things if you want big blessings. Con cariño, Elder Fast (Laj Tz´unun) Shout outs.. Daniel for writing me EVERY WEEK!!!!! so gangster. Thanks for the updates bro. You're seriously the man. And speaking of my smelly butt, this Q´eqchi´ food has been messing me up...when i get home you're gonna wish for my old farts. hahaha Jason and Page...you guys seriously rock...thank you for just being awesome. Tell your fam I love them and they better sit with me when i get back...in like a year :) Kallee... Valentines day? whaaaat? :) Yea I read your calender for today...you seriously rock...keep working hard. you're an amazing example to me.....your trip over snow story ahahah :) you're the best Serretta...Best movie quotes ever ha ha...thank you sooooo much for your letter. That seriously was so awesome to hear how you and Mitch and Mace face have been...don't send me any pictures of her though...i feel sooooo weird when i see how big she is...but...... send me pictures. seriously ha ha. Leora and Mike... You guys rock...thanks so much for the letter you sent me...how WEIRD you are a family of 5!!! mom sent me a foto. you guys seriously are awesome. AND I wanna hear about your new adventure! Rey.. DB you will be the only brother not trilingual...I'm sorry dear brother. I LOVE YOU BROTHER!!!!! SOS GAY porque no me escribes!!! QUE!?!? no tiene tiempo con todo tus niños?? ha ha no tengas pena hermano...solo sepas que TE AMO!!! k, fam I gotta go!!! I love you tons!!! Shout outs to Bman in Ptown!!!! Chevere :)

No comments:

Post a Comment